The procedure of reviewing manuscripts submitted for publication in the journal “Human Ecology”
The procedure for submitting manuscripts to the journal “Human Ecology”
1. Authors submit the manuscript signed by all the authors in electronic form.
2. The scanned cover letter addressed to the editor-in-chief in the prescribed form and signed by the vice-rector for science or the head of the institution, is attached to the materials of the article.
3. The content of the article should comply with the unified requirements for manuscripts submitted to the scientific and practical journal Human Ecology (posted on the journal’s website).
4. The authors are responsible for the confidence and accuracy of the facts, quotations, proper names, correctness and completeness of the bibliographic data.
The procedure of manuscripts’ consideration and reviewing
1. All articles submitted to the editors are subject to review.
2. The manuscript submitted for publication shall be registered in the prescribed form.
3. The deputy editor-in-chief determines compliance of the article with the profile of the journal, as well as compliance with the heading indicated by the author. If the article does not correspond to the content specified by the author the deputy editor defines the milestone. The executive secretary acquaints the members of the editorial –review board with the distribution of the articles by sections. When changing the heading declared by the author – the responsible secretary informs the authors of the article about it.
4. The executive secretary checks compliance with the typescript requirements. If the manuscript meets the profile of the journal, but does not meet the typescript requirements, it is submitted for review after the appropriate revision by the author.
5. In case the initial analysis reveals that the content of the article does not correspond to the specificity of the journal, the deputy editor-in-chief gives a motivated refusal to the author in publishing the article within 30 days by e-mail.
6. In case of a disputable situation in determining whether a manuscript conforms to a journal’s profile and section, this issue is submitted to the meeting of the editorial –review board for discussion. The decision to pass the manuscript for review is made within 14 days.
7. If the submitted manuscript complies with the requirements of the journal, the deputy editor-in-chief appoints two readers, one of whom is a specialist in the heading profile.
8. The executive secretary of the journal passes the manuscript, as well as a review form to the appointed readers.
9. Readers are required to submit a review within a period not exceeding 30 days. If the reader is unable to carry out the examination for any reason, he is obliged to inform about the refusal to review within three days of the article receipt. In this case, the article is sent for review to another reader review appointed by the deputy chief editor.
10. Control over the review’s time limits is carried out by the executive secretary of the journal.
11. The reader is fully responsible for the quality and objectivity of the manuscript’s review. Readers deal with the article as confidential material, strictly observing the right of the author to non-disclosure of information contained in the article before publication. Readers are not allowed to copy manuscripts for personal use. The author of the reviewed work is given the opportunity to get acquainted with the text of the review. The review is provided to the author of the manuscript at his request, without a signature and indication of the name, position, place of work of the reader. The name of the reader can be provided to the author only with the consent of the reader. The review with the reader’s indication can be provided at the request of expert boards in the State Commission for Academic Degree and Title of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. The review should contain a qualified analysis of the material, its objective reasoned assessment and sound recommendations. The reader may recommend the manuscript of the article for publication in this form; recommend for publication after making the recommended changes; recommend to refine the manuscript and re-consider after revision; do not recommend the manuscript for publication. If the reader recommends the manuscript of the article for publication after revision, taking into account the comments, recommends revising the manuscript and reviewing it after revision, or does not recommend the manuscript for publication, the review should indicate the reasons for the decision (motivated refusal; recommendations for revision). In case the readers differ on the point of the article, it is considered at a meeting of the editorial –review board.
12. After receiving a negative review, the final decision is made to refuse to publish the article by the deputy editor-in-chief, and, if necessary, by the editorial –review board. If the article is rejected, the editorial staff sends the author a reasoned refusal indicated in the review. The editorial –review board has the right to send articles for additional reviewing.
13. The executive secretary of the journal includes a manuscript received a positive review in the working plan.
14. In case the review contains some comments that require revision, or the manuscript is rejected, the executive secretary of the journal informs the author about this.
15. After follow-up revision, the executive secretary submits the manuscript for re-review if recommended by the reader. A manuscript can be submitted for re-review no more than two times.
16. The editors should not disclose any information about the manuscripts submitted to anyone except the relevant author, readers, potential readers, other members of the editorial –review board.
17. The editors do not enter into negotiations with the author about negative reviews or rejection of articles.
18. The editors do not take any obligations concerning time limits of the submitted manuscripts publication.
19. Original reviews are to be kept in the journal’s editorial office for 5 years from the date of publication.
20. Manuscripts accepted for publication are not returned. Manuscripts that have received a negative review from the reader are not published and also would not be returned to the author.
21. The editorial staff communicates with the authors of the articles through the author responsible for the correspondence with the editors.
22. The authors themselves monitor information on the preparation of the manuscript for publication.
23. The manuscript approved by the editorial –review board is reviewed by the editor. All questions and changes are agreed with the author, responsible for the correspondence with the editors.